• Production planning optimization (WSO™)
• SAWSIM® mill design and operation studies
• Log procurement
Production Planning Optimization (WSO™)
WSO™ is used to make routine operating plans that truly maximize profit. Considering:
• Market prices,
• Committed sales, and other market constraints and opportunities,
• Log supply, and
• Mill production capabilities (bottlenecks),
WSO™ determines the production mix that maximizes profit, and how to configure the mill to make it happen. WSO™ helps you to “optimize your optimizers”.
SAWSIM® Mill Design and Operation Studies
For planning a greenfield mill, or modifications to an existing mill, a SAWSIM® study gives you the information you need to make the right decisions, and the data to get the project approved. A SAWSIM® study will determine:
• The mill recovery for a greenfield mill, or recovery increase for a mill upgrade project
• Mill flow and production rate (machine piece count and time requirements)
• Production mix (the ability to produce a required mix)
HALCO’s log procurement analysis systems help you to become a better log buyer. The systems combine log bucking simulation with a SAWSIM® model of the mill processing.